×

How to file a case against domestic violence

cousin beaten badly by husband one month before,eye was severely damaged,got red.Now ok,have got injury report from a private hospital,not filed a case yet but want to file and cousin has left her in laws house and staying with her parents now.

Along with the medical papers contact a lawyer to file a case by her against the in-laws She can file cases against her in-laws of domestic violence as well as dowry case also file case of maintenance

Lodge a FIR against accused persons at your nearest police station or filed a complaint case at magistrate court . You may contact to me for further query regarding to your issue against the husband of your cousin.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore

A complaint containing the incident in detail can be filed before a magistrate under Domestic Violence Act. Apart from this an FIR can also be lodged and if there is any difficulty in getting it lodged then you can get it registered through court.