How to file a case against domestic violence

cousin beaten badly by husband one month before,eye was severely damaged,got red.Now ok,have got injury report from a private hospital,not filed a case yet but want to file and cousin has left her in laws house and staying with her parents now.

Answers (3)

Along with the medical papers contact a lawyer to file a case by her against the in-laws She can file cases against her in-laws of domestic violence as well as dowry case also file case of maintenance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Lodge a FIR against accused persons at your nearest police station or filed a complaint case at magistrate court . You may contact to me for further query regarding to your issue against the husband of your cousin.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde
Supreme Court of India, Delhi
17 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

A complaint containing the incident in detail can be filed before a magistrate under Domestic Violence Act. Apart from this an FIR can also be lodged and if there is any difficulty in getting it lodged then you can get it registered through court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Consensual sex, when lady know that man is married. Is a rape? Lady age is45years old. She give the statement that man promise her to marry.…

Read More

I would like to get some valuable suggestions on how to face cross examination in a domestic violence case? What kind of questions can be anticipated?…

Read More

I have parental property in muzaffarpur bihar and divided it between my four grandfathers by mouth with documentary proof and in records property in t…

Read More

An FIR wad filed in 2002 in sessions court.sine then trail has not commenced yet and in pending as on date.What is the way out from this?…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue