How to determine criminal liability

I Sold my car in July 2015 to a person called Omprakash. I got all the paper work done. Transfer of ownership got done smoothly. Car is under om prakash name. Now this car which I Sold 2years back got seized by Crime branch with drugs. I have lost my papers of transfer. The IO is saying the person you sold the car is not the one. Someone used the forged I'd for the car which I was unaware at that time. Now my question is Am I liable for any criminal legalities

Answers (1)

You may file an RTI application and demand for papers vide which the transfer was made and submit the same with authority.
You was not there at the time of crime as you have no link with the same as you already sold your car.
Submit your submissions with crime branch.
You will not be liable.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I was driving a bike with 2 people and people seized my bike and given me challan of triplet and act 270 so what is the fine of this…

Read More

When I was travelled to Trichur by Train, my hand touched a girl breast unknowningly when asleep. But, she raised a complaint against me with the supp…

Read More

Five years ago,when I was about 16,I was sitting in a class and a girl was there in front of me.Just out of stupid curiousity,I touched her panty(with…

Read More

My friend owns a Resturant and I joined him to increase his orders. After 2 months he left and told me that some personal family matters are going on …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue