How to complain against police for attacking a woman

23-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Police attacked women. What are the rule or there in legal process or another way to complain or how to complain women welfare board
Answers (1)

Answer #1
900 votes
It is illegal for the police to attack any human being including women. Hence the said act of the police is punishable. Normal penal provisions in the Indian Penal Code will apply depending upon the intensity of the injury and assault.

You have several options.
1) File a complaint with the police station or with the superior police officers.
2) File a private complaint under section 200 of Crpc.
3) File a compliant before the State Human Rights commission of the concerned state.
4) You can file a compliant with National Commission for women preferably online.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."