How long does it take to file a private complaint in court

How long does it take to file private complaint in court for filing FIR about molestation?

Answers (2)

The private complaint is a case that could be filed under CrPC before criminal court. The person should disclosure all information for filing the case. A private complaint is a case of criminal court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

First you can file a compliant before the concerned jurisdictional Police station and you would receive a CSR as an acknowledgement and the concerned station house officer would do a preliminary investigation and serve you the copy of FIR. If the same had not taken place you approach the magistrate court in order to file a private compliant.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde
Supreme Court of India, Delhi
17 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
20 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Sir Agar Koi Forcefully Stamp pe thump impression leke notary karwa le to kya wo notary valid maan li jaygi court me jabki yachitakarta usse inkar kar…

Read More

Hello Sir , My name is and I want to know that anticipatory bail is mandatory ? Because my mother had lodged FIR against the accused persons and after…

Read More

Hi I just wanted to can murdered case get closed with out sign of the person who put complaint on the criminal case…

Read More

Mumbai police taken my licence and car keys and they discovered some 10 to 15 bottle of cough syrup in my car. They had detained me and continuously b…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue