How do we proceed in a criminal case after filing FIR

A person hit me, my leg and hand has fractured in incident, I filed FIR in IPC-325,294, 323,506 but not in 326 and what will happen after that, how to give punishment by court and what I have to do.

Answers (3)

331 votes

1.This all offences are compoundable between them if both parties are agree upon this under sec 320 of crpc 2.if this will not then normal procedure have adopt by court and make judgment whether accused will convicted or acquittal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

55 votes

You need to punish him, Engage a personal lawyer to assist the state prosecution, see that no dates go blank. More so you can file a Compensation case also under motor vehicle act further be vigilant in your proceedings you will get justice and compensation

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
291 votes

Now police will arrest the accused and shall investigate the offence. After that police will file change sheet in court. You will have to give your statement in court for procuring conviction of that person. There should also be proper medical report of your injuries and the witnesses who may properly give statements in court. A person is charged under s. 326 IPC when he caused grievous hurt by dangerous weapon. So if that person hit you with any dangerous weapon such as iron rod or wooden "laathi" etc. then you may ask police to charge him under s. 326 IPC. The Court may also enhance the section when the case comes before it.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My case has been listed in supreme court. After interaction with Registrars court, offered me an amicus curiae as I'm pleading as Petitioner in pe…

Read More

i made a agreement with guy for 24 months for a room 10 sq ft area n that guy will not asked the expenses for repair. guy agreed n done repair. After …

Read More

Hindu Working in merchant navy, I filed a FIR against my father in law under ipc 323, 504 . Then he and my wife filed a counter fir against me under i…

Read More

Specific procedure for cross regarding previous statement before police, court, other authorities and person or in any documents and citations and pub…

Read More