How can I protect myself from regular threats given by a known person

18-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
we are a family friend from 1886, in 2014 X has decided to tie rakhi to my father so that these many years of friendship can be for life term. from that time, husband of X i.e.,Y is calling all our near dear once and saying that my father relationship is wrong. he is telling to all that my father has given poission to him. he is calling us a bad girls who roam with many boys. he is saying that my father has spoiled many lives.Y has given money to some people and made calls to them saying my father spoiled their lives. what should i do to save my family from such person?

Answer #1
you can lodge case under section 506 of IPC for treathening your family for life and you can seek 307 IPC if the evidence permits and please see the facts and evidence are relevant and true and then only the case will withstand
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
You can choose to file a defamation case against Mr.Y .
Defamation in India is both a civil and a criminal offence
Defamation as a criminal offence is listed under section 499 of the Indian Penal Code
Issue notices to Mr.Y that you are intending to file defamation suit in case he is not tendering a public apology.
If he does not tender public apology, go ahead and file both civil and criminal defamation cases against Mr.Y.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato