How can I protect myself from a false criminal case

22-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Any one person imposed 107 Crt. P.C false case against me to spoil my career ,how can I protest him?will it effect in my career like civil service exam?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
709 votes
Section 107 is a substantive provision which defines Abetment. The sections which follow it lay down punishments to be inflicted for causing abetment. The principle of shared responsibilty is applicable in the cases of abetment where abettor is equally liable for the acts of person abetted. This has been expressed in following provisions of IPC which makes it clear that should the degree of crime done by the person abetted is equal to the intented level of abettor, the latter too has same liability. Hence u/s 109 of the Code, the abettor is equally liable for the act done by the person abetted. This implies that if a person abetted commits a theft and is punished with 6 months SI, the Abettor too shall be imprisoned for 6 months. The rule is not applicable in such crimes where separate provisions are made to differently punish abettor and person abetted.
Only, in cases where intention or knowledge did not meet or act was done in a different manner than intended will attract the differentiated liability.
Further, u/s 115 if act abetted was punishable with death or LI but was not done then abettor shall be punished with imprisonment extending to 7 years and fine and if such act causes harm then abettor can go undergo imprionment extending 14 years and fine.
Lastly, u/s 116 if an act abetted is punishable with imprisonment but not committed, in such case abettor is liable for the maximum of 1/4 of the maximum term provided for such offence.

kindly try to settle it out, it may spoil your career.
Answer #2
541 votes
107 CrPC is just a simple thing which has limited validity, it should not effect your career by any means. However you can also file a case for quashing of the proceeding before the Hon'ble High Court. All the best. Regards

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."