Girlfriend's parents threatening to file a false rape case against me

Hi, I love a girl since 7 years and we have sex many times, right now i am willing to marry her, and they parents are not accepting the same why becasue i am hundu and she is muslim, right now they are filing a rape case on me forcibly with her, but i am willing to marry her, please suggest.

Answers (3)

338 votes

If the girl is major and confined against her will is against law. You can file complaint in local police that you both want to marry and her parents are illegally detained her, provide them all proofs and evidence you have to expedite the investigation. If you had consensual sex with major then it’s not rape. Good Luck.

Disclaimer: The response to your query is general in nature not a legal advice neither intends to provide solutions to an individual problem. The response will not create any attorney-client relationship. Readers are cautioned not to attempt to solve individual problems on the basis of information contained herein and are strongly advised to seek competent legal counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. The firm, its advocates and staff are not liable for any consequence of any action taken by the readers relying on information provided herein. The firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect of actions taken or not taken based on any contents of this page.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

319 votes

Consensual sex is not rape provided the girl is above 18 years of age.
Since both of you are in lover and both of you are willing to get married, better approach the sub registrar of your locality and get married under special marriage act.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
185 votes


Consensual sex with an intention to marry is not rape. If a false rape case is filed against you, you need to fight the case on merits in the court. Remember that any crime has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt in order to convict the accused. The court must very carefully examine whether you have actually wanted to marry the girl or had mala fide motives or have made a false promise to this effect only to satisfy your lust. You need to prove that you had sex with the girl with her consent as you promised her and she accepted the fact that you would marry her. You must be having all the evidence whether documentary, recorded, audio, visual etc while you submit your evidence in the court. When an FIR is filed against you, obtain AB from sessions court and if not granted, approach High court for AB. Once the AB is granted, the police cannot harass you. The police then after conclusion of their investigation, will file charge sheet. Once you get summons from court, attend the court with a good criminal lawyer and fight the case. Feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles