Girlfriend threatening to file false case of cheating

I am in a relationship for 5 years and we knew that our parents won't agree so we decided not to go against them. We thought some day we will convince them and so we moved on. Recently we had a problem and she blocked me so I thought time will heal things and I decided not to talk immediately as it will boost the problem and I didn't try to reach her for 2 weeks now suddenly she comes and says that's I cheated on her as I did not turn back after the fight and she says Il not leave me and she Il lodge a complaint stating I cheated on her and she says she Il sue me and my family , her family has influence allover and from a middle class family please help me on how to proceed me my parents are not aware that she is gonna file a complaint , also please tell me Il that complaint affect my job as I am very much dependent on it please guide me further

Answers (1)

148 votes

The nature of complaint is necessary. If it is made u/s 376 of IPC then a anticipatory bail have to be filed. Try to away from her. If possible you can change your location. Certain facts will affect the job.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

on 24th april 2016 my cousions attacked my mother & father in which they broke my mother's hand & several injuries to my father then we ap…

Read More

On 31 May 2016 , Tuesday at 7:45 pm , I just went to the garden which is near to my house for a Walk , but at exact 8:10 pm , a girl felt that I am fo…

Read More

I am an central govt. employee, stationed at Hyderabad. My native place is Haryana. Due to some property dispute involving my father (with which i am …

Read More

A Girl left home dont know what is the reson .His family lodged an FIR under section 363,366A,120B,34IPC. When the girl found by his family the give 1…

Read More