Flow of charge sheet from Police station

20-Feb-2024 (In Criminal Law)
In an issue based upon my complaint and investigation police filed a FIR and arrested te accused but they were released immediately by the magistrate , but what will be the status of FIR , the charge sheet is prepared and submitted online but the court has not received the charge sheet even after 8 months what will be the reason .

Answer #1
hi alocious here, I can well understand your concern from the query raised, it's unusual that a charge sheet has been prepared and not corresponded to the court, since charge sheet should have been handed over to the accused by now, you can file a petition before the same magistrate court seeking to expedite the matter, thank you
Helpful? LawRato LawRato