FIR has been lodge against me u/s 498a, DP act 3/4, 326b

1. FIR has been lodged against me on 24.11.2014 in UP , can i apply for AB in Mumbai because i am Living in mumbai last 6 years at the time of incident i was not present there, police also added ipc 307 later.

Answers (3)

350 votes

In Mumbai you can take transit bail. In UP surprisingly anticipatory bail provision is not available. You have to approach high court in a quashing petition and seek reliefs from arrest. Get in touch for details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

If you wish to apply for ABA than it has to be done from the Allahabad High Court, however if you wish to obtain bail beforehand, you can apply for transit bail here and appear before concerned authorities.
As per SC guidelines, it is difficult to arrest in 498A of IPC cases unless permission from magistrate is not sought.
My advise shall be to get Transit Bail and appear before the concerned authorities and seek regular bail.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
273 votes

Place of registration of FIR is point of jurisdiction- you have to apply to Sessions court of UP only for A Bail. However you may approach concerned up high court for quashing of fir on grounds of falseful prosecution being resident of mumbai with documentry proof.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles