Financial exploitation of woman with false promise to marry her

Respected sir, I m 31 year old lady,schedule tribe community from odisha,working as govt servant.sir I have had an engagement with a guy of my same community on 19 th Nov 2013 in presence of both family and my villagers. At that time he was not have a job even he was prepared for Upsc exam.so he had asked me money for his preparation for last four year.but this year he have cracked Upsc 2016 and got IRS and noe he is under training,in NACIN Faridabad.we are in a relationship last four year.now he had been refused to marry me.

dear
madam dont worry you can file a case of under sec 420 cheating and financeial exploid against that person in the court of sdjm and if you have any sexual relation with him you can also fiile a case of sexual harashment

If you have simply relationship as you have mentioned and believing his version that he will marry you have paid him money than it amounts to cheating as per section 420 of IPC. Similarly, if your relationship is more than acquaintances and you have maintained physical relationship than the boy has committed offence U/S 493 of IPC and for it a case can be filled either before police or in appropriate court of judicial magistrate for both the offences U/S 493/420 IPC.

Engagement is not recognised by the Indian law and engagement does not construe marriage in Indian Marriage Law. You can file case for breach of promise and cheating. He is in fact liable to pay the compensation amount for the damages caused.

As there is no marriage between you so cannot force to marry but if you have any proofs of financial transaction you can claim that Money back......... . ........................................

Madam you have not mentioned what do you want to do against that person. If you are interested to take any type of legal action then as per your aforesaid complaint you can do the same.You have to take a decision in this regard.