Filing defamation case as respondent not responded

sir I have appealed a civil case ( pronotes& money suit)in 2013 now I have seen that all the cases are going to be destroyed what does this mean? will I lose the privilege of filing a defamation case against the responded since he has not responded to my case nor deputed an advocate

Answers (1)

Since you have already filed an appeal, in general all your lower court papers would have been transferred to the appellate court.
Destruction of court records is applicable only in cases where there is no pending appeal.
For safety sake, ask your lawyer to file a memo for retention of records pending appeal in the lower court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

One married girl have some misunderstanding with her husband and she left the house with 7 years child... Im as a friend i helped her travelling... Th…

Read More

i dated a 4 Yr older divorcee scheduled caste woman. In a span of 1.5 years of relationship we had sex 6 times and she got ectopic pregnant and she is…

Read More

Hello sir my wife File against me domestic violence under section 18, 19, 20, 22, 23. How I can protect myself and my family from this File.…

Read More

whether private handwriting expert's opinion is acceptable under court of law? what authentication and credibility required for the private handwr…

Read More