×

Filing defamation case as respondent not responded

sir I have appealed a civil case ( pronotes& money suit)in 2013 now I have seen that all the cases are going to be destroyed what does this mean? will I lose the privilege of filing a defamation case against the responded since he has not responded to my case nor deputed an advocate

Since you have already filed an appeal, in general all your lower court papers would have been transferred to the appellate court.
Destruction of court records is applicable only in cases where there is no pending appeal.
For safety sake, ask your lawyer to file a memo for retention of records pending appeal in the lower court.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore