Elder brother giving life threats want to file FIR

Sir, my wife was molested by my elder brother. We filed complaint and we compromised same day without filing Fir. Now after two days, I'm getting death threats from his side( saved threat messages as proof). Can I file FIR in the station itself or through court ?

Answers (4)

190 votes

You may give a complaint against your elder brother if the police has not taken any action you sent a registered complaint against your elder brother through registered post after that you file complaint before the consent Judicial Magistrate Court under section 156(3) Cr.P.C the court forward your complaint than the police file FIR against your brother and investigated the fact if matter is true the police file charge Sheet .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

341 votes

Hi madam/sir.
Again will give a same complaint against your brother.
Suppose the police officer not taken any steps, therafter can you will approch hon'ble court so please contact an advocate

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
114 votes

You again make a complaint to police station of same. The life theartern is Seriously affect the Life. If the police station have not taken any steps to you then criminal direction may be filed and court will give a direction to police.

327 votes

Yes. You can still file Police complaint because you have the proof of the threat messages. Also the incident happened only a few days ago. If you dont take steps now, your brother will continue to misbehave with your wife. He will think that you cannot do anything against him. Also it involves the life and dignity of your wife. If you keep quiet he will take advantage and slowly spoil your wife's name with the relatives and neighbours etc. If you need further assistance, you may contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles