drugged,raped,blackmailed ,threat to kill,promise to marry

A married man siphoned money , drugged my sister,molested and raped her,blackmailed her of making photo's public and threaten to kill her,when the family intervened he promised to marry her but after using this to his advantage refused to marry after five years.What legal steps can be taken now to punish the culprit?

Answers (4)

125 votes

Please go to your nearest police station And get FIR registered against the accused . dictate them your story n they will record ur statement . u can also ask for a female police officer at police station . ur statement will be recorded by the police n then they will take you to the nearest magistrate n get ur statement recorded before magistrate .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

290 votes

As per law, sexual intercourse on promise to marry amounts to rape. The immediate action that can be taken is approaching the police with a detailed police complaint. Although the offence of rape from what it seems like was committed five years back, however, since his blackmailing and promise continued you can approach the police on this very ground. Apart from legality, to accept marriage proposal from a man who drugged, molested and raped your sister wouldn't serve him right. You should approach the police as earliest. You could meet a lawyer to help you with the complaint process.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
88 votes

Your query is very serious. Please go to the nearest Police station and lodge and FIR against him. Initiate criminal proceedings against him. Do not waste even a single day now. Various sections of Indian Penal Code are attracted in this case. As advised earlier please lodge an FIR against him at the earliest. He is intimidating your sister as well. Delay in lodging FIR may go against you in court.

83 votes

You should file an FIR against the said person U/s 376, 354, 420, 506, 509, 406 of IPC and some section of Information technology Act. Also if the possession of the drug was illegal then Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act would also apply along-with relevant supporting IPC section. It is to be made understood that whether the offence was committed on continuing basis or one time. Certain sections might not be applicable due to the fact that incident occurred 5 years ago if the punishment is less than 3 years. However, rape and assault will definitely be applicable. If the pregnancy was also terminated due to intimidation then other sections would also apply.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles