Defamation caused to me by CIBIL through a bank

Hi There, A bank has intentionally made an enquiry to CIBIL that I enquired for loan of 4 lac. I have never applied for such loan to bank that has made enquiry. Can I file a complaint u/s 499 and 500

First take an up to date CIBIL report.
Then issue notices to the bank which has made a false claim that you enquired for a loan of 4 lakhs and ask them to rectify the data submitted by them to CIBIL within 30 days from date of notice.
If CIBIL report is not changed within 30 days from the date of your notice, you can file a complaint u/s 499 and 500.
In a U/S499 and 500, it is mandatory that you should serve notice to the other side prior to filing the complaint.

you can file for defamtion cause either oral and written now the intended cause you are making out is you have applied out for cibil scoring and it made out for 4 lakhs and if such thing proved wrong intentionally through a piece of paper then only you can file a defamtion