Defamation caused to me by CIBIL through a bank

In Criminal Law
Hi There, A bank has intentionally made an enquiry to CIBIL that I enquired for loan of 4 lac. I have never applied for such loan to bank that has made enquiry. Can I file a complaint u/s 499 and 500

Answers (2)

315 votes

you can file for defamtion cause either oral and written now the intended cause you are making out is you have applied out for cibil scoring and it made out for 4 lakhs and if such thing proved wrong intentionally through a piece of paper then only you can file a defamtion

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

186 votes

First take an up to date CIBIL report.
Then issue notices to the bank which has made a false claim that you enquired for a loan of 4 lakhs and ask them to rectify the data submitted by them to CIBIL within 30 days from date of notice.
If CIBIL report is not changed within 30 days from the date of your notice, you can file a complaint u/s 499 and 500.
In a U/S499 and 500, it is mandatory that you should serve notice to the other side prior to filing the complaint.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles