Defamation, breach of trust and cheating

In Criminal Law
There is a family to whose daughter I wanted to get married to, but in the end they decline stating that I am not mentally stable. The girl is from the my native state of Tripura. The girl was physically close to me and her mother was close to my family and her father is already expired and when the separation had to happen they stated that I am not mentally stable. My whole family was involved and I had denied MANY marriage offers citing to this commitment of marriage with this particular girl. Now I feel dejected that after so much of commitment, they have backed out of this marriage. My whole family has been defamed with this situation and the mental trauma and stress that I had to go through is something that I cannot explain. I have all the photos which will justify that the cheating has been done from the girl and their family side. I want to file a case of cheating, defamation and a breach of trust against them. Please advice.

Answers (2)

130 votes

Hi.. In this case there is nothing much you can do. I understand your situation, but they have every right to reject the offer or cancel the proposal. If they have made malicious comments on you which is not the true facts and which you feel has defamed your image in society, then you have the right to file either a criminal or civil defamation suit to claim damages.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

291 votes

Dear Sir,
You can file such defamation case both civil and criminal claiming huge compensation as your family reputation lowered and your marriage prospects come to an end so and so on grounds. You may approach any intelligent and competent advocate who is ready to accept your brief on experimental basis.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles