Defamation, breach of trust and cheating

There is a family to whose daughter I wanted to get married to, but in the end they decline stating that I am not mentally stable. The girl is from the my native state of Tripura. The girl was physically close to me and her mother was close to my family and her father is already expired and when the separation had to happen they stated that I am not mentally stable. My whole family was involved and I had denied MANY marriage offers citing to this commitment of marriage with this particular girl. Now I feel dejected that after so much of commitment, they have backed out of this marriage. My whole family has been defamed with this situation and the mental trauma and stress that I had to go through is something that I cannot explain. I have all the photos which will justify that the cheating has been done from the girl and their family side. I want to file a case of cheating, defamation and a breach of trust against them. Please advice.

Dear Sir,
You can file such defamation case both civil and criminal claiming huge compensation as your family reputation lowered and your marriage prospects come to an end so and so on grounds. You may approach any intelligent and competent advocate who is ready to accept your brief on experimental basis.

Hi.. In this case there is nothing much you can do. I understand your situation, but they have every right to reject the offer or cancel the proposal. If they have made malicious comments on you which is not the true facts and which you feel has defamed your image in society, then you have the right to file either a criminal or civil defamation suit to claim damages.