Criminal charges acquitted bars a person to apply for government jobs

Good morning sir, I have love affair at the time of 2010 she was suicide with hanging and dead. That case filed on me under IPC 306 then after 1 year I am AQUIT. At now that case was closed but now I am preparing govt jobs like Sub Inspector of Police and TSPSC jobs in Telangana. I am eligible for regard such jobs or not please? Please give me reply sir

Answers (2)

126 votes


Acquittal in a criminal case does not automatically entitle you for appointment to the SI post. It is open to the employer and the screening committee to consider the antecedents and examine whether you are suitable for appointment to the SI post. A candidate to be recruited to the police service must be of impeccable character and integrity. A person having criminal antecedents will not fit in this category. Even if you are acquitted or discharged, it cannot be presumed that you are honorably acquitted/completely exonerated. The decision of the Screening Committee must be taken as final unless it is shown to be malafide. The Screening Committee also must be alive to the importance of the trust repose in it and must examine you with utmost character. For further advice, share the copy of the order of your acquittal with me through Lawrato so that I can check and advise you further.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

164 votes

Since you are acquitted by the court, there are no criminal cases pending against you.
You are eligible to apply for all government jobs and also write TSPSC, POLICE etc.
In all applications, you should mention that there are no pending criminal cases against you.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles