Criminal appeal limitation & dismissal of appeal as accused absconding

Criminal appeal in 498a filed after 70days against aquittal by victim, summons to accused/respondant not served as wrong address , victim not appearing before court to give correct address of respondents, judge issued notice to appealant/victim to appear befire court, police filed memo that appelant is not residing in given address since 10 years, judge issued notice to appellant counsel, counsel appeared and stated that appellant is not visiting him and no instructions, my query is what will judge decide in this matter, will the appeal be dismissed ?

Answers (1)

165 votes

Under law, the victim has to provide correct address of the respondents.
Also since the appellant/Victim has not appeared before the court and that the appellant has provide the correct address, the appeal will be dismissed for default.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

A case under section 498 A has been filed against me, my father in law, brother in law and my mother in law. We all have been sentenced to 2 years on …

Read More

I live in Wardha, Maharashtra and presently working in Saudi Arabia. I am Muslim by religion & married twice. My first wife did private magisteria…

Read More

my frnd gt criminal case undr sectn 498A,406,506(1)ipc,he flew to abraod without attending the court,he gt 3 summon through court,bt police didnt issu…

Read More

Dear sir, my wife has filled a 498A case on me in 2015 but till now she did not appeared in court hearing. Also she got married with another person in…

Read More