Consequences of criminal records on the railways job

I am trying to get a government job in railway. But i had accused by IPC 279 only and i had plead guilty and settled the case but now my question is this can disqualify my recruitment in railways.need a best suggestion please help.

Answers (2)

270 votes

You are legally entitled to get the Govt Job in connection with the same facts and circumstances several judgements has been passed by the Hon'ble Supreme Court as well as Calcutta High Court with observation "pendency of criminal case can't make candidates unfit for Govt service "

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

145 votes

it is not an cognizable offence and you had already pleaded gulty this would not affect your govt job aspect.moreover it is a minor offence and in generally judges acquit the offender with fine and generally does not give jail.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir mujh par marpit ki dhara 324 ki case chalu he agar me government ki exam me pass hota hu to kya me silect kiya jaunga ya fir criminal hone ke vaja…

Read More

Sir i appoint as super stockist of up of cosmetic co. situated in delhi at 1st lot they send goods to me with my form 38 in up & received payment …

Read More

Sir, my college filed a case against me,court issue SAMAN, I am arrested(bailable) and after 1year college witdraw the case in LOK ADAALAT .. and I am…

Read More

Sir,ipc section 325 it has been compromised both sides in the court and what are the future effect on govt job verification…

Read More