Complaint against person for sending defaming document

09-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
What should I do if someone unknown (but I may be sure of the person doing it) trying to send defaming document to my office
Answers (3)

Answer #1
539 votes
good morning,
the first and foremost activity you could initiate is by tracking the senders address through the medium used such as Courier and speed post.
if this does not work then, probably right an application to the area police station and let them investigate.
Also your application to the police official should be firm and should clarify on certain points with include the aspects of defamation.
Rest I could help you out if you need.
thank you!
Answer #2
811 votes
Firstly lodge FIR against this unknown person. Although source of defamation is not mentioned but most probably its cyber operation. A simple wish from a good friend on your birthday. May God always bless you and bestow good health and prosperity on you. Have a wonderful birthday. Friends come and go but it is only the best ones that remain by your side all your life. Wishing you a happy birthday dear friend.Try to collect all related evidence and produce them before police.
Answer #3
861 votes
if some one sent false defaming documents against you then only you can file a case of defamation against him. but before this if you doubt for the same you can file a complaint in SSP office for this to protect your self.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."