Complaint against credit improvement company for harassment

I have taken a service plan from credit improvement company for improvement of my CIBIL score by settlement with financial institution and they have mentioned in their services offer mail the word Debt Reconciliation/settlement/Consolidation and also mentioned that they will finance for the payment of these due. But now they are saying that we don't do the settlement and also not provide the finance for settlement. When I demanded for refund they send me the legal notice for harassment. They are refusing the refund by saying that we don't have refund policy that also mentioned in agreement. Also saying the you have attended the compliance call and say yes to process so we will not do the refund. Now my question is that can I file a case in consumer court against that and what is the chance to win. And if I will not win then what will impact as legally. Also what is jurisdiction of CIVIL suit for them if I will give any reply for their legal notice. Please suggest.

Answers (2)

95 votes

Sir firstly if as you mentioned everything mentioned in your agreement then you can go for specific performance act for the performing of the said agreement and if not then go for recovery as well as for 420 ipc complaint before magistrate and you can go for consumers court also...all remedies available for you...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

144 votes

If they have mentioned those words in their service offer mail then you can file a case against them in consumer forum and you have good chance to win. If you will loose then legally their is no such complication as you can file a appeal against them aswell. You can give your reply and deny what they are claiming through the legal notice.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

How do I follow up my complaint at police station does any of the police site help me doing so online instead of visiting station frequently. With in …

Read More

In a order to get a FIR from court in our letter to SSP wrong date of incident is mentioned..So how to rectify it..…

Read More

Mere se ek vyapari ne 5 blank cheque ye keh kar liye ki mujhe use payment dene aana Ni padega or vo transport se maal bhej dega magar baad usne paymen…

Read More

She filed falsefir against my family and me and now I want to get out. All traubles and divorce through one time settlement now what is legal procedur…

Read More