Complaint against a boy for assaulting in middle of the road

I was riding my bike and an old guy in the middle of the road took a u-turn in the middle of the road. And trying to save the guy. I crashed and got injured. My both legs got injured. My phone got broke. Bike got damaged. And laptop which was inside my bag got damaged. And when I asked the guy what he did. He wasn't speaking anything. And when I grabbed his collar, he started spitting ghutka at me. And people around came and started assaulting me. Police came and took us to the police station and meanwhile his family came. And they called their lawyer. What to do now?

Answers (2)

347 votes

You shouldve called at number 100 and shouldve got a case registered against him, anyway if you've not done that it is fine. Now the question is what happened in the Police Station? did you get your MLC (medical) done ? and what is the status now ?.there are a lot many queries that come to my mind before i can give you a proper answer to your question, however, based on your question this is the minimum procedure that wouldve been followed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

196 votes

Very first thing, you must have not grabbed his collar, as he caused you to get the injury, you should have called for help from public and have had got the man arrested. Now as he also assaulted you in public, it has become an offence. First look for a lady officer to take care of you and deal with you, and then get one mlc done from near by hospital that what losses on body you incurred. Lodge an FIR. Immediately hire an advocate to deal with the whole situation.
Thanks for your query.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles