Clarification regarding the effect of criminal record on career.

Once I got arrested for a day under sec 151 so I have some doubts about it No1 it's a arrest or detaintion No2 does it could affect my career in near future

Its a precautinary arrest under -151 Crpc 1973, Untill and unless you are convicted from any court of law, you don’t have a criminal anticidents, but under 151 also proceedings goes and you should see that nothing adverse is written, more so it will not affect your government job position