Clarification on filing case against engineer u/s 405 IPC

My house was renovated and extended  in my absence when I was serving in the Army in Fazilka. I had asked the engineer to first take the Building Approval from the Municipalty and then begin construction but he finished the extension without taking the Approval. On retiring from service, I moved into the house and paid him Rs. 1,25,000/- on 27 November 2014 for paying the Vacant Land Tax and getting Building Approval. He has not done the job as of date and has been avoiding all contact the past one year, even changing his Mob No. His father when contacted (both run their firm Construction) has been promising to get it done the past one year, giving a date (two weeks, 1 month etc claiming some family problem or other). Father and son have together cheated me of my hard earned money and do not seem to have any intention of honouring their word. Can I take action under Sec 405 (Criminal breach of trust) because a civil case will take too much time ? Thank You

Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings from Nathan and Associates - A Solution Focused Law Firm..!
There are more things which can be done in this issue, You can initiate Criminal Law not only in Sec. 405 but also in other provisions of law, Further you can also file a consumer complaint against them for deficiency of service.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli