Clarification on filing case against engineer u/s 405 IPC

My house was renovated and extended  in my absence when I was serving in the Army in Fazilka. I had asked the engineer to first take the Building Approval from the Municipalty and then begin construction but he finished the extension without taking the Approval. On retiring from service, I moved into the house and paid him Rs. 1,25,000/- on 27 November 2014 for paying the Vacant Land Tax and getting Building Approval. He has not done the job as of date and has been avoiding all contact the past one year, even changing his Mob No. His father when contacted (both run their firm Construction) has been promising to get it done the past one year, giving a date (two weeks, 1 month etc claiming some family problem or other). Father and son have together cheated me of my hard earned money and do not seem to have any intention of honouring their word. Can I take action under Sec 405 (Criminal breach of trust) because a civil case will take too much time ? Thank You

Answers (1)

Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings from Nathan and Associates - A Solution Focused Law Firm..!
There are more things which can be done in this issue, You can initiate Criminal Law not only in Sec. 405 but also in other provisions of law, Further you can also file a consumer complaint against them for deficiency of service.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

One person is the online cheater he has trusted me for buying laptop & I fully believe on him .he was eBay seller in that time I seen one laptop &…

Read More

I have been married and have a 7 year of daughter. Lately came to know that I am not a biological father of the child. I have filed for divorce due to…

Read More

I am a member of the provisional committee of a Building which is under the process of Society registration. There were difference of opinions on a wh…

Read More

I filed a Civil Suit in Mar 2014. An Affidavit-in-reply was filed by Mr. X who stated that he was the Managing Trustee of the Respondent Trust. As the…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue