Clarification of sec 509 IPC and sec 67 of IT Act

08-Dec-2023 (In Criminal Law)
One of my co workers is threatening me with some objectionable pictures he has of me. To prove that he is capable of sending them, he sent them to one of my friends also. I have already put in a sexual harassment case in the company against him, but the worry remains for the pictures that he has of me and what he might do of them. He has already been threatened by the office seniors that if he tries to circulate them or contact me how so ever, there shall be termination as well as a police complaint. I am now inclined to make a police complaint without waiting for the results of the office committee so that I can get my pictures deleted from his possession. I want to approach the police under 509 IPC and 67 IT act, will that be the right approach. Please guide me further. I really need help
Answers (3)

Answer #1
549 votes
This is a very unfortunate incident.
You may file a criminal complaint against him under section 509/ 354 IPC and 67 IT act.
You have other remedies available with you.
For more information feel free to have a word with me
All the best
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
749 votes
I have understood your. Further a FIR shall be lodged stating the above facts and moreover mandatory injunction shall be filed so that he has to delete all the objectionable content in the court itself and also a section 354D shall be filed. I advised to come to my office in Patparganj so that I can help you in filing and pursuing your case smoothly.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
530 votes
A complaint for cyber-harassment can be filed under section 66 (depending where has got the photo’s from) and 67 IT Act, section 509 of the IPC (“word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman”) may also be invoked against the offender. It better you go ahead with complaint before cyber cell.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."