×

Circumstances to file bigamy case in India

My son marriage was a arranged marriage conducted in church of South India in Chennai and after fifteen days the girl ran away from home on enquiry we found that she was already married to a boy through registered marriage in Chennai. Can we file a bigamy case against her under ipc495

Yes you can file a case of bigamy and for which you have to obtain the certified copy of the registered marriage and some proofs of your son's marriage with that girl, further I would strongly suggest to file a case to declare that the marriage performed between your son and that girl is null and void, as the second marriage is invalid in eyes of law if the girl has married your son without obtaining divorce from her earlier husband.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore