Chargesheet filed in 498a but no arrest and names dropped from FIR

Dear sir, In my case police had filed chargesheet and didn't arrest anybody.there were six person in for but police dropped some name from fir.Now we want bail so how we can get and what is the procedure to get bail. If lower or session court don't give bail then how to approach high court for the same.please suggest. If I surrender before the court and would not get bail then how many day I would be behind the bars.can other family member also go to jail.

Answers (3)

198 votes


You should be file same day writ or to high Court. When you have got same day than you surrender in to the court. Mostly lower Court grant family members bail and Session Court grant main accused. Don't worry be happy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

301 votes

Hi you need to file case under section 482 crpc for quashing the chargesheet first before high court then if chargesheet will not be quashed, court may give you liberty to appear before court below and will direct to dispose of your bail application expeditiously in view of law laid down by the hon'ble supreme court in Amrawati and Lal Kamlendu, in this if courts below is not able to dispose off your bail application same day then they will release you in interim bail till disposal if case, do not surrender before this

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
114 votes

you have to apply for bail in lower court.
generally court grant bail to all except husband if no injury shown and husband get bail from session case. if you have strong case you may get bail from lower court also.
one have to remain in jail from the date of surrender to grant bail from lower or session court as the case may be.
generally it take 7-15 day if lower court reject the bail

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles