Can wife file maintenance against husband who is Australian citizen

We are Jain family. My daughter-in -law has filed applications for getting maintenance amount in city civil court, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. My son is Australian citizen. Can Indian laws are applicable in criminal cases to the persons who are not citizen of India ? Moreover some disputes raised in Perthbetween my son and my daughter-in -law . Can we tell court that Indian court has no jurisdiction in the case.

Answers (2)

You can take this defence. But if the girl is staying at ahmedabad she can file proceedings for maintenance at ahmedabad court though your son is NRI. Other proceedings can be initiated at the courts where cause has arisen

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Your son needs to appear before the Hon'ble Family Court, Ahmedabad if he has been notified.

In your submissions before the Family Court, you will have to draw the attention of the Hon'ble Court that there is a parallel proceeding going on in Australian Court. Provide documentary evidence for the same at the stage so required.

If the subject matter and reliefs sought are same then subject is barred by res judicata.

However, there are other facts and concerns which I have and are to be adjudicated effectively and on doing the same I can guide you in a better way.

Feel free to approach me for further consultation or the fight your cause.

Advocate K.K. Trivedi

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, i need your advice, I have a restaurant in Jaipur. Whenever We conduct a party someone reports, please advice me can't I play loud music befor…

Read More

actually My husband has get away suddenly after doing fraud…

Read More

I am a girl of 19 yrs. I am in a big trouble. Right now I am feeling very help less as my ex boyfriend is continuously blackmailing me on the basis of…

Read More

whether the ld .appeal court committed substaintial error of law in ignoring exhibit -4,the death certificate issued under rule 9 of the wb registrati…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue