Can promotion be denied if case has been disposed off

A govt employee has been given a chargesheet and on the grounds of which he was denied promotion to the upper post...now the hearing has been done and penalty was given to the employee on the basis of chargesheet....so now is the chargesheet being considered as cleared and scrapped off and he is eligible for promotion in the next following year or he may still be denied promotion ?

Dear queriest,
It appears that probably your case has not been put forward by your immediate superior or one of them who is directly connected with the career enhancements but it gives a sense what you have described that the case is argumentable and there are bright chances of getting relief.

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
New Friends Colony, Delhi