Can police put pd act on an accused in cheating case

Hello, my friend is named an accused - a12 in 5 cases by the police. The main accused a1 have cheated his suppliers and owe them money. Police is unable to recover the said money from a1 . My friend a12 is brother in law of a1. My friend is no where involved in a1's business, but still police , in order to recover the money have put my friends name also in the case without any proofs. Police have been pressurising him for the recovery by saying that they will put - "pd act". Want to know if police and impose pd act on my friend a12 .
Can police put pd act on an accused in cheating case crpc -420?

Answers (1)

159 votes

Your friend has been listed as accused probably because of him being a relative of A1.
If your friend is clean, he should apply for a quash of proceedings under section 482 of cr.p.c at high court in all the cases so as to escape being framed in P.D act also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles