Can person be charged for producing fabricated evidence

27-May-2023 (In Criminal Law)
I am original complainant in an offence wherein Charge-Sheet is filed against 2 accused u/s- 420, 465, 467, 468, 471, 201 r/w-34 of I.P.C. During investigation Police took statement of Mr. Joshi (doing liaison work) he stated to Police that he submitted document (forged by accused) to govt. office in 2002. But 4 documentary evidences proving that fabricated document was submitted by Mr. Joshi in year 2008 and not in 2002. My Query: (a) Can Joshi be tried under S-191, 192 of IPC and liable for punishment u/s-193 of IPC (b) Can I file a complaint u/s-340 r/w-195 CrPC to Mg.Crt
Answers (2)

Answer #1
830 votes
Definitely you can file complaint before concerned police and upon failure to take cognizance you may file private criminal case against him before concerned magistrate need to appoint a lawyer because case under perjury are very technical and there's bar under section 195 to file complaint sp only lawyer can guide you after verifying all the details.
Answer #2
523 votes
it is better to wait till he deposes in the court. you shall have an opportunity to cross examine him and prove his falsehood before the court. then court it self can proceed against him under s. 340. meanwhile you can sit with a good criminal lawyer and find out how you can file more criminal complaints against him.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."