Can I file FIR for a friend who lost his graduation degree at airport?

My colleague who is working abroad now lost his degree certificate during airport transit. Is it possible for me to raise an affidavit and FIR complaint and apply for duplicate on behalf of him? Is his presence needed? or can a blood relative of him apply?

Yes You Can. his presence not require. FIR means First Information Report
Only When information about the commission of a cognizable offence is given orally, the police must write it down.
The person giving information or making a complaint has a right to demand that the information recorded by the police be read to him or her.
Once the information has been recorded by the police, it must be signed by the person giving the information.