Can FIR be quashed if other party wiling to compromise?

I have been accused by Mumbai Municipal Corporation (Octroi Department) for paying less Octroi and an FIR has been lodged. I have only signed the concerned Doc. i.e. the 'R' Form on behalf of the Company, and the values were declared by the Agent at the Check Post without consulting me and duly accepted by the Octroi Inspector. Charge sheet has been given but not yet framed. If the company pays the short paid Octroi and Municipality agrees to issue a letter for compounding and mentions about "not interested in further prosecution" or anything similar can the High Court quash the FIR? Section 420,465,467,468,471 and 34 are included in the FIR.

Answers (2)

56 votes

Yes in most of the cases your have to file case with concerned high court. If hc says no then you may tell opposite party to deny the charges/ allegations made upon you (hostile witness). Else with permission of court matter can be compromised in Lok Adalat.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

242 votes

Sir the answer to your question is "Yes". You can move petition u/s 482 of crpc and high court has power to quash the FIR. So you have a good case you may file petition as mentioned the provisions above.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles