×

quesCan co-op hsg society Secretary can file case of defamation

Can co-op hsg society Secretary can file case of defamation on his member on society expences

• ansNeed to check ur byelaws of soc.so far as whether he can file the answer is yes Secretary, manager, chairman can definitely file or initiates legal process on behalf of society after due compliance & necessary permission.now expenses who should bear ...if it is for the benefit of soc. & byelaws if is in that way then society should bear. So check byelaws.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansNo. defamation is personal. You will have to get the resolution passed if the amount is to be utilized. However, please note; defamation is personal per se. There might be someone in the committee or any member who would question the ethics of using society fund for personal purpose.

Advocate Feroz A Shaikh

Kurla West, Mumbai