Can a retired govt official be entitled to get pension if accused

I want to know about if any govt employee after retirement held any crime like murder etc then... Is he will be liable to get own pention regularly or not...plz reply me quickly as soon as possible...

Answers (4)

239 votes

If you have already taken retirement and you are accused in a case it will not affect your retirement pension or gratuity as there is no such things which can prevent the retirement benefit even if you are convicted for the offence . It will remain continuously in force no matter what.
Had this happened during the time of the subsistence of the government job then it would have affected your prospects of getting the retirement benefits.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

124 votes

Pension cannot be stopped for any conduct of the person post his retirement. It's only when the person, while being in service, commits any act that entails disciplinary action, pension can be withheld. However, in your case, there are no valid grounds per se to stop pension

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
186 votes

Preliminary opinion: see in the light of limited facts can give you answer but if the act was not done against thw department's interest or after the service period then there can not accrue any direct nexus between pension and crime. Need to see the pension and employment documents coupled with the criminal proceeding files to advice properly.

326 votes


From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles