Can a person put CCTV camera without permission?

my neighbor has installed a CCTV camera on the back side of his house facing my Entrance Gate. i run a clinic and my patients and myself have a problem with this. he has not taken any permission. how can i proceed

Actually nothing is clear from your facts whether yours is society,apartment,or independent house still let me advice you that if it is harming your privacy then you should immediately inform the same in writing to your local police station and still if it doesn't work then you can initiate a legal processin the courts of law by issuing legal notice against him.

yes, you can file civil suit to prevent your neighbour from using the cctv for recording the movement of people !

No body can obstruct or peep into any other person's privacy!

you can also file criminal complaint after taking proper legal consutlation

There is not necessary to take permission, however if any part of your premises is covering in the footage then you may take objection. In that case he should have to adjust his camera to such extent that only his premises shall be covered.