Can a friend be made liable for marriage dispute?

I recently helped a friend to bring his wife back as her parents have house arrested her after therearriage was known to them. In the process we gave our adhaaar for registering the marriage under special act but at the time of marriage they used the family members adhaaar for witness and the brides family copied our adhaaar without consent and now threatening that they will complain against us in case bride comes back from husband. Is there a possibility for this to be done or they are just trying to threaten us

Answers (1)

265 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate

Don't worry they only threatening you if you have any doubt that they will complaint against you then first you have compliant against them for harassing and threatening you .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles