Boy promised to marry and now denying it I want to stay with him.

Boy promised me to marry and kept with me for 3 months. Thereafter he and his father asked me to leave the house. He maintained physical relation on the promise to marry. I am pregnant with his baby. He is asking me to terminate. What action can i take against him? I want to stay with him. I dont want to terminate the baby. He now not wiling to marry.

Answers (3)

217 votes

The relationship ur having is obviously illegitimate...but now the law has changed and u can file a case agaisnt the boy .
The cases u can file is for cheating,rape, and also u can claim maintenance from the boy and his family for urself and for the baby.
For that u will have to file case in court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

214 votes


The answer is quite harsh but will get you what you want. You can file a complaint against the boy in Women cell. Women cell will provide some counselling sessions between you and him. You can also proceed with rape complaint against this boy.


Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
141 votes

The simple problem to this solution go to the police station and register a fir against a boy leveling cages of rape grevious hurt and physical torture. Under medical termination pregnancy act before aborting the child consent of both parents are required. The boy cannot force you to abort the child. I would also advice take a help of a ngo or a women welfare council so that they can go to the boys house and explain what he is doing is morally wrong and he should marry you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I was in love wit marred man who hav 1 child also.. bt when I was wrking in his office he made my mind wash dat her wife is character less n her daugh…

Read More

I would like to know about the legal actions a girl can take after break-up with her boyfriend. Whether she could argue in court about marriage promis…

Read More

I am in a relationship from last 1 year. The boy is 7 years Younger than me. in jan he will be 23 years old.He was committed in relationship and ready…

Read More

Dear sir, Me and my girlfriend had physical relationship and she got pregnant I tried to convince her not to get aborted and said I will talk to her p…

Read More