Boy built physical relation on promise to marry now denying it

There was a boy who promised to marry me and built a physical relation on those basis. Both of our families were about our relationship and also meet to discuss for marriage. Now the boy is denying to marry me and planning to marry someone else. What action can i take against him?

Answers (4)

Physical relationship on the pretext of marriage is not a simple cheating but playing with the modesty of a woman. Hence the courts have taken a strict view in this and in your case as you say that even both of your family members met for marriage talks. Under these circumstances it is an offence of committing rape/sexually abusing a woman. For such offence he could be prosecuted under section 376 of IPC and could be put behind bars not less than seven years. So you better file a police complaint and the prosecution will begin the investigation.

- Section 376 of IPC

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If a boy established physical relations with you on the pretext of marriage and then he refused to marry,you are required to file criminal complaint in police station ,sho, dc p commissioner of police. Then meet all such officers for registration of fir. If they fail to register fir, file criminal case in court .

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

You are free to lodge an criminal FIR for physic al relation on false pretext of marriage.. go to concerned police station and lodge an FIR against him as per law.
Police will take action and lodge an FIR under section 376 IPC

This is clear case of rape on pretext of marriage, you can file fir against the said boy but as the trial of the same may take 2-3 years and during the trial there may arise many awkward situations so if you are mentally strong enough to face all these than you must file the case with your police station

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

my cousins have physical relationship with each other.oneday I caught them red handed and then they told me that if I try to tell anyone about them th…

Read More

I stay separate from my husband since last 2 years. One guy he is my colleague after knowing all approached me for remarry . I filed divorce once I mo…

Read More

Good Evening Sir/Madam. I want to discuss with you something. Few years back my one of the friend fall in love with one girl. But after sometime they …

Read More

Dear sir A boy he is centrral gov employee had sent request on my daughters profile on matrimoney site . after acceptance he convinced the girl to sex…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue