×

Arrest of ex- air force officer as per rank & class of jail entitled

sir as per law if a ex serviceman is need to arrested by police as per rank in airforce to arrest a N C O. S N C O and warreted rank. which rank of police officer can arrest to produce him in court and which class of jail is intitle for him

Not lower than C. O. Of the police. It is also important that the arrest is to be made with a warrant and not without it... Immediately after the arrest the said non-commisionned waterreted ex officer is to be produced before the CJM. Also since now it is settled that army men retire but their posts do not and they stay with them entire life.. So saying that the officer being discussed is ex NCO won't be correct.. In the light of this position this officer must be kept in a prison different from ordinary prisoners as per Jail Mannual although mainly if in service the Army Act would be applicable and the reporting officer would be handed over the indicted personnel.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore