Arrest in a fighting case got out on bail now can we go to jail again

I have younger a brother who got into a fight on 31st december and they were arrested on 22 January. They we kept in Jhajjar jail for 6 days. 148,149,504 ,324. We got the bail from the magistrate. The police officer is saying that we need to go to jail again?

Answers (2)

126 votes

Your brother would remain on bail during the pendency of the Criminal Trial. However, if he is found to be guilty of the offences in the FIR then he will have to go to jail and in case he is acquitted then no need. Why the police officer is saying that your brother will have to go back to jail is beyond my understanding, may be he has some vested interest. It would be better if you try and resolve the dispute with the complainant who has lodged the FIR and get the FIR quashed on the basis of compromise from High Court.
Nitin Thatai

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

217 votes

You must immediately contact a local lawyer. The situation will have to be assessed after going through the documents pertaining to your bail. Your bail might be conditional and you must ensure that you have not violated any of the conditions. You should have the local lawyer check if your bail has been cancelled for any reason. If not then the police officer is out of line in telling you so.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles