Applying for anticipatory bail without formal complaint or FIR lodged

Can an individual apply for anticipatory Bail even without a formal complaint or FIR lodged ? Can the individual seek bail fearing that a false 498A or DV case being filed ?

Answers (3)

Yes you have to file a case in court stating that you are in a stage of fear that you will be behind the bars as your wife I planning to file a dvc case against you and you don't want to go behind the bars

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes. Cr.p.c. provides for filing an anticipatory bail even without FIR registered. But generally courts will not be lnclined to grant AB unless there are serious grounds which warrant interference of court.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Yes you can apply for anticipatory bail if you have fear of being arrest under 498 A DVC case or if you are threatened by that person and you assume that arrest is likely to take place fearing that person, you can file petition for anticipatory bail.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am having some trouble with my business partner in my company. Recently he used his personal approach by his father who is in police to get my perso…

Read More

My dispute is with Ist Floor residence, who are parking 2 cars in front of the building. The Ground Floor has 2 parking inside the building and the Fi…

Read More

fir regd against me 420465467468469201 cjm nawanshar doaba give hid decsion on 13 march 2015 ,fir no 79 police sation rahon sbs nagar state vs baldev …

Read More

I registered a FIR and police submitted the chargsheet without my knowledge.When I obtain the certified copy of chargsheet I find the I/O discharged 2…

Read More