×

Applying for anticipatory bail without formal complaint or FIR lodged

Can an individual apply for anticipatory Bail even without a formal complaint or FIR lodged ? Can the individual seek bail fearing that a false 498A or DV case being filed ?

Yes you have to file a case in court stating that you are in a stage of fear that you will be behind the bars as your wife I planning to file a dvc case against you and you don't want to go behind the bars

Yes. Cr.p.c. provides for filing an anticipatory bail even without FIR registered. But generally courts will not be lnclined to grant AB unless there are serious grounds which warrant interference of court.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore

Yes you can apply for anticipatory bail if you have fear of being arrest under 498 A DVC case or if you are threatened by that person and you assume that arrest is likely to take place fearing that person, you can file petition for anticipatory bail.