498A case filed by girl without marriage,pending since 3yrs what to do

Hi, This is regarding a false 498A case that is falsely imposed on our family by a lady. Her accusation was domestic violence and dowry but wherein marriage itself didn't happen. My brother was just a friend/colleague to her and he rejected when she came up with marriage proposal. Tat is the only story behind this case. Since 3 1/2 years we are roaming around the court but she never turned up at least once and we have been told that she gave wrong address and phone numbers due to which police couldn't trace her. Things are not moving at all. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Answers (2)

142 votes

if there is no valid marriage and only 498A is only pending you can file a petition for squash under section 482 of the criminal procedure code as the ingredients of the case are missing and you can also seek for stay of the attendance and further prosecution

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

264 votes

You can ask the court to dismiss the case as the complainant is absent or get the case quashed in High court under section 482 on the grounds that
1) the marriage was never solemenized and
2) the complainant has been continously absent and coming forward to give evidence.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles