Passed share to another partner in partnership firm want to stop it

I had a partnership firm with another partner and recently i opt out of the firm and passed on my share to another through a corrected deed. but in the meantime some money matter arise. the new deed is not registered with firm registerer yet. now can i stop them now or make them return my capital investment?

Answers (2)

147 votes

Dear Client,

As per my knowledge regarding the company laws, It is imperative to under stand two things before your query is solved.
A. being your capital in the firm
B. keeping the profit an losses in our minds

Both the above captioned points relate to the relativity of your position in the firm.
as per companies act, you are not bound to be a partner as always, but you need to see certain things in order to be not a partner.
Further, for helping you out I would require you to talk to me over the phone.

LawRato shall share my number for future reference with you.

Thank you !!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

265 votes

Hi. Your Query can be answered after going through all the documents and complete factual situation. Please share all the documents and complete factual situation and money matter so that opinion caN be provided.

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, I have a section 8 company which is not for profit. I have donations/grants from individuals which I have used for the cause & have no fixed a…

Read More

What are regulations and policies of companies act.…

Read More

We are a 7 man startup team, 3 of which are registered as the director of the company. The first director has 34% shares and the other two have 33% sh…

Read More

Hello, i have joined a firm in partnership last year in july which is registered in US as LLC and operated from India for US customers. Also company i…

Read More