Is an employer liable if the clients do not pay their dues

Hi, I was working in a Pvt Limited Company for more than a more, i have left the company with proper intimation and served my notice period. My director gave me a post dated cheque and updated me that i have to make sure all the pending payments from the client should come on time or else he will make the stop payment for my cheque. Just wanted to confirm why i am responsible for the payments when he is the one who has signed the agreements and everything, moreover he is dropping me mail on alternative days regarding the payments follow ups and everything. But still i am doing follow ups with the clients to get his payment done, but clients are giving excuses and all. I came to known that because of this he is planning to do the stop payment for my cheque too. Kindly suggest.

Thanks for your enquary .

First of all please share your appointment terms to check your liabilities and obligations.

Then we can advise as none of the employer can not hold the full and final settlement like this.

Payment and f your salary depends upon the terms and conditions of your employment contract. However, payment of your salary doesn't depends upon the payment by customers. Your employer is liable to pay you.

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Let him stop payment of cheque issued by him. You were in company and was doing work on their behalf now when you have left the job you have no such responsibility to follow up if there was no specific contract/terms of your employment and as you said that you have not executed aany agreement or signed contract so don't worry they can't do anything and you present the cheque before bank and if found stop payment then your right to file criminal case under section 138 negotiable act will rise.