How to leave a company where I have signed a bond of 4 years

I have signed an employment bond with the company to serve a period of 4 years failing to which i will be liable to pay 3 lakhs. But the work culture here is very bad and i want to leave the company in 9 months only. What should i do?

You can file a civil suit mentioning about the culture of the company and challenge the Bond which is signed as Null and void and thereby you can get relieved from the employment as well as declare the Bond as Null and for supporting this there are various judgements of the Hon'ble high court.

Hi. Employment bonds in India are typically construed upon as restraint of trade. However, courts have different judicial interpretations with regard to what constitutes a reasonable restraint of trade. While you can leave the Company if you wish, the possibilities of legal actions against you will be quite high owing to your agreement. You can choose to defend the same on multiple grounds. Therefore, the choice to leave is on you. However, it is noted that in such cases, the company doesn’t provide a relieving letter or experience certificate which may also pose to be a problem for you.

Popular Corporate Lawyers