How to leave a company where I have signed a bond of 4 years

I have signed an employment bond with the company to serve a period of 4 years failing to which i will be liable to pay 3 lakhs. But the work culture here is very bad and i want to leave the company in 9 months only. What should i do?

Answers (2)

You can file a civil suit mentioning about the culture of the company and challenge the Bond which is signed as Null and void and thereby you can get relieved from the employment as well as declare the Bond as Null and for supporting this there are various judgements of the Hon'ble high court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hi. Employment bonds in India are typically construed upon as restraint of trade. However, courts have different judicial interpretations with regard to what constitutes a reasonable restraint of trade. While you can leave the Company if you wish, the possibilities of legal actions against you will be quite high owing to your agreement. You can choose to defend the same on multiple grounds. Therefore, the choice to leave is on you. However, it is noted that in such cases, the company doesn’t provide a relieving letter or experience certificate which may also pose to be a problem for you.

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

How is it possible to go into a real state business in a foreign country with a legal approach. Is it possible if I legally find an offshore company o…

Read More

We took franchise from Industrial Development Trust of India (An NGO which is claiming to be registered with Govt of West Bengal) for business of pota…

Read More

FROM THE YEAR 2014 : is A franchise agreement IN CASE OF A PVT LTD is it necessary 1) To Contain co. identification like,. IN CASE OF A PVT LTD: LIKE …

Read More

My parents are agents of firms pan card clubs limited and sai prasad group of companies.Both have been cautioned by sebi. the companies are not giving…

Read More