employer threatening for bond amount

Hi Sir, I joined a company in oct 2017 and signed a bond of employment for 18months and if i break it i need to pay 1.25lakhs. I absconded from that company due to harassment of my employer towards me and threating and shouting on me. They even put me through medical problems because of their behaviour. Now the company is sending me legal notices to recover the bond amount. please help.

Such employment agreements with the negative covenant is valid and legally enforceable if the parties agree with their free consent i.e. without force, coercion, undue influence, misrepresentation and mistake. ... The employment bond will not be enforceable if it is either one sided, unconscionable or unreasonable. For further consultancy and legal services you may contact us .

Popular Corporate Lawyers