Director Service Agreement & Independent contract agreement

I am a director for an OPC company as well as a full shareholder. Do I need a Director''s service agreement? My client in the US will decide the amount to be paid for the contractors I am hiring in India.If let's say he is agreeing for $7/hr. How do I mention that in the contractor agreement as I think all the agreement and payment should be mentioned in Indian rupees.Can I say the following "The payment will be transferred to Contractor’s bank account in Indian Rupees(INR)(Final transaction amount will vary based on USD to INR conversion rate during the transaction period)"

Answers (2)

305 votes

good morning sir service agreement is required and is mandatory I drafted many service agreements between US based company and Indian company if an opportunity given to me I will talk to service agreement and if required other agreements also

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

105 votes

since you are a director cum shareholder, you will need a remuneration agreement plus roles and responsibilities document signed by board of directors.
with reference to you hiring indian staff for your us client, actually you should bill your us client either based on time and material or on cost basis in USD as all exports are to be billed in overseas currencies
your client will pay you in USD and your bank will remit equivalent Indian rupees based on prevalent exchange rates

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles