×

quesCan we run MLM company with proper product legally in India?

can we run MLM company with proper product legaly in india

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

• ansYes you can provided the product you are selling is legal and the manner in which you structure your operations does not breach Indian law, specifically Prize Chits & Money Circulation Scheme (Banning) Act, 1978. There are some companies in Telengana which are being prosecuted for using a MLM company to run an illegal money circulation scheme. Consult a lawyer and a CA since you need proper clarity on how will be raising an invoice and for what.

Advocate Dhruv Suri

Barakhamba Road, Delhi

• ansYes one can run an MLM company in India however, there are no particular laws governing the same and the MLM structure needs to be carefully formulated otherwise it may attract provisions of Prize Chit Fund Act and Money Laundering Act. The same happened with Amway however, structures like tupperware and avon were clear of these acts. The product, its reach and the way of commission disbursal are key points.

For any further inquiry you may contact us.

Advocate Kanishk Agarwal

East Patel Nagar, Delhi